World Combat Games
A breathtaking event showcasing the world’s best martial arts and combat sports.
Powered by GAISF, the World Combat Games will, for up to eight days, be the beating heart for combat sports and will be the perfect bridge between elite sport and local communities.
The World Combat Games concept aims for a compact and manageable event which offers cities an opportunity for focused international promotion, to engage with their youth communities and to promote public health and wellness agendas through inspiring initiatives encouraging participation in combat sports.
Why Host the world Combat Games?
- Bring elite sport to life in your city
- Host the world’s best athletes
- Establish perfect bridge between elite sport and local communities
- Bring the values of respect, self-control and determination to life
- Drive global exposure
- Demonstrate event management capability
- A chance to welcome the leaders of sport
List of Sports at the World Combat Games
A festival atmosphere makes the Games accessible to fans and families alike, with chances for all to engage with the event. Events and activations accompany the competitions, to bring the values of combat sports and martial arts to life:
- A festival for fans
- Ambassador programme
- Sports Demonstrations/ Entertainment
- Youth masterclass
- Cultural exhibitions and conferences
- Encouraging youth participation in sports
- Fostering greater unity in local martial arts and combat sports communities
- Strengthening experience of local elite athletes and increasing medal potential at top international events
- Worldwide media exposure for the country and the city
- Local economy: spending by the organisers, participants and spectators
- Gain experience in organising top international multi-sports events
- Increased recognition when bidding for future international sports events