tHe .SPorT InitiatiVe
A Community-Based Internet Extension
In the crowded and complex world of the internet, the use of .sport gives a greater degree of distinctiveness, visibility and searchability and, because of the criteria applied by GAISF, confers approval and membership of, and commitment to, the sport community.
Consequently, the key benefits stem from the resulting:
- Acceptance and trust – .sport underscores membership of the global sports eco-system
- Authenticity – Resulting from fair scrutiny of applicants
- Visibility – value of .sport on search engines
.sport is available only to recognised and legitimate bodies, ranging from sports governing bodies to events, clubs and the companies which supply the goods and services on which sport relies. GAISF’s ownership of the domain protects the integrity of .sport by ensuring that only properly qualified organisations and individuals can use it.
How to get your .sport domain name
From 4 September to 4 December 2018, sports organisations, companies and individuals throughout the wider sports world have the opportunity to apply for their own exclusive extensions during the initial launch period on the following platform : https://start.sport or through one of the accredited providers of .sport registration services.
Full list of providers is available here: https://all.sport/#registrars
From January 2019, the extension will then be open for general availability (acceptance still subject to approval from GAISF).
What are the costs?
Registration service providers (official registrars and their resellers) will vary on price and service level, but the .sport registry (GAISF) has the same prices for all registrars. For a typical individual registration, the price during the launch phase ranges from USD 1050-1300 for the first year, and USD 350-450 for subsequent years. Individual domains registered after the launch phase will cost between USD 350-450 per year.
GAISF Members benefit from an exclusive portfolio approach. A portfolio may comprise hundreds of names, including the federation’s acronym, the various disciplines and subdisciplines in many languages and fully qualified event names.
For any enquiries on the .sport project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit all.sport for additional information about the .sport initiative
Some of the .sport stakeholders who already join the community
- World Air Sports Federation
- World Archery
- World Confederation of Boules Sports
- World Curling Federation
- Badminton World Federation
- International Basketball Federation
- International Federation of University Sports
- International Floorball Federation
- International Gymnastics Federation
- International Korfball Federation
- International Powerlifting Federation
- International Sport Climbing Federation
- International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation
- International Shooting Sport Federation
- International Netball Federation
- International Dragon Boat Federation
- World Baseball Softball Confederation
- World Karate Federation
- World DanceSport Federation
- International Sambo Federation
- International Padel Federation
- International Testing Agency
- Lausanne 2020 Youth Olympic Games
More than hundred other global sport stakeholders (media, agencies, sponsors, sport providers, clubs, events organisers or athletes) have also registered their domain name.