itTf amoNg lateSt InternationAl FedeRations to join .sport
GAISF is pleased to announce that 15 more International Federations have successfully applied for exclusive .sport domains. They include the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF), International Equestrian Federation (FEI), Federation of International Lacrosse (FILx), World Association of Kickboxing Organisation (WAKO) and the International Federation of American Football (IFAF).
The initiative, managed and governed by GAISF, offers reputable sports stakeholders the opportunity to secure a unique domain name, helping their organisation, stand out in the crowded internet environment.
Key benefits of adopting .sport are:
- Acceptance and Trust – .sport underscores membership of the global sports eco-system.
- Authenticity – Resulting from fair scrutiny of applicants
- Visibility – value of .sport on search engines.
World-leading educational institutions the International Academy of Sport Science and Technology (AISTS) and World Academy of Sport (WAoS) have also applied for their .sport domains.
GAISF Head of Digital Pierre Germeau said:
“It’s exciting to see even more IFs and other sport key stakeholders take advantage of this opportunity. The outstanding level of take-up underscores the value of .sport to Federations and the wider sport community.”
From January 2019, sports organisations outside the GAISF and Olympic families will be able to apply for .sport domains. Acceptance is subject to approval from GAISF.
A .sport domain offers its users a significant brand-building tool and may be seen as an accelerator for challenger brands in various commercial categories whose objective is to quickly build awareness and credibility. This is viewed as a significant commercial opportunity.
For more information on the .sport extension programme, please contact Pierre Germeau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The latest IFs to join .sport are:
- International Federation of American Football (IFAF)
- International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC)
- International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA)
- International Equestrian Federation (FEI)
- World Association of Kickboxing Organisations (WAKO)
- Federation of International Lacrosse (FILx)
- Union Internationale de Pentathlon Moderne (UIPM)
- International Motorcycling Federation (FIM)
- International Orienteering Federation (IOF)
- International Powerboating Federation (UIM)
- World Sailing (WS)
- International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)
- International Sumo Federation (ISF)
- World Underwater Federation (CMAS)
- World Dodgeball Association (WDA)