geneRal daTa protectIon regulatioN
All resources related to GDPR can be accessed on https://gdpr.sport
The European Union has implemented a new regulation related to the protection of personal data called the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations). This new regulation entered into force on May 25, 2018.
This text changes the landscape of personal data protection for three main reasons:
- It established new – and considerably stronger – standards of protection of personal data
- It includes sanctions in case of violation of these new standards
- It protects european individuals even outside the EU territory. As a result, an organisation based outside the EU is impacted as soon as it processes personal data of european citizens
GAISF members process significant amount of personal data (from athletes, media, staff, global audience …) and are therefore heavily impacted by this new regulation.
In order to support our members through the understanding and the implementation of these new standards, GAISF took the following initiatives:
- Organisation of a series of workshops on specific themes in Lausanne. These workshops were live streamed and can be viewed on GAISF video portal on Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/user/thesportshubchannel
- Launch of a dedicated on line platform available on gdpr.sport. This platform includes many resources, including all presentations made at the occasion of the workshops,
- Evaluation of potential service providers (mostly legal and IT) which we can recommend to our members, based on their specific needs
For any request on this topic, please send an email to email@example.com
There is no one-size fits all approach toward GDPR readiness, and most organizations do not have an unlimited budget to properly undertake the required comprehensive analysis. The purpose of this page is to empower members of the global sport community with the resources and tools to help in their respective GDPR readiness plans. For those organization with adequate resources available to pay for external consultants and law firms to administer their programs, these resources provide a valuable tool to cross reference the advice and recommendations that have been provided to them. For those organizations with more limited financial resources, the resources and tools on this page are intended to serve as a Do It Yourself (DIY) self-help guide. For the avoidance of any doubt, nothing associated with the provisioning of information on this page should be construed as legal advice.
GAISF organised a series of three workshops dedicated to support its members towards to GDPR compliance.
WORKSHOP #1 – GENERAL PRINCIPLES, METHODOLOGIES AND PROCESSES
The first workshop took place at the Maison du Sport International – Lausanne, Switzerland on May 28, 2018.
Three presentations have been made at this occasion.
The full workshop has been live broadcasted and can be accessed on GAISF Youtube channel:
WORKSHOP #2 – HOW TO HANDLE NEW IT CONSTRAINS
The second workshop took place at the Maison du Sport International – Lausanne, Switzerland on June 11, 2018.
The full workshop has been live broadcasted and can be accessed on GAISF Youtube channel : Click here to review the workshop
WORKSHOP #3 – PREPARING LEGAL DOCUMENTATIONS
The third workshop took lace at the Maison du Sport International on June 19, 2018.
The full workshop has been live broadcasted and can be accessed on GAISF Youtube channel : Click here to access to the video replay of the workshop
OFFICIAL TEXTS AND GUIDELINES
GDPR official text
Article 29 Data Protection Working Party – Guidelines on Data Protection Officers (DPO’s)